Thursday, January 31, 2013

December 2012 and January 2013

Wow! It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged something. I wanted to write something around the New Year but that didn’t happen. I kept procrastinating... til now. So are you ready to catch up on the world of mmmhustler403... CAUTION: this may be a looong post. :-p
Let's start of the holiday with THE WRAPPING OF THE PRESENTS! After a major clean-up of  my parent's house for my sister's engagement party, there was A LOT of Christmas wrapping paper from previous years that had piled up so some were a little bit outdated but they were still Christmas wrapping paper. So i didn't purchase anymore wrapping paper this year, just reused the ones that we still had.
A little while ago i posted a blog about the MAD HOUSE GINGERBREAD HOUSE that i had made for the Christmas season... my first gingerbread house that i had ever made. Not bad for a first-timer eh. Apparently his mom loved it and wanted to "showcase" it by the front door.
I went up to Edmonton for the weekend of December 22nd... to see TIESTO! One of my all-time favourite dj. He always put on a super amazing show and I had a blast (of course), minus the fact that I caught the 24-hour flu just as we left Calgary. The weather was freezing and snowing. Dan said that we left Calgary for an even colder city, we crazy!

This year, Christmas Eve & Day was pretty simple and laid back. I didn't go out as i normally did the previous years. No drunk-ness for me this year. I opted to stay in and celebrated it with Paul's family, because it was also the first year that they had spent the holiday without his step-dad (who passed early in June 2012). His brother, Dan, had prepared and cooked us a delicious turkey dinner, which the dog also had some.
The Christmas tree at Southcentre Mall. 100x better than Chinook Centre. Just saying.
It’s present time! :-)