Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Baby Shower Invitations for Under $3


It cost me next to nothing to make these baby shower invitations for 15 guests. Most of the materials were purchased years ago when my sister and i went through a scrapbooking phase, so we had tons of stock paper and such just sitting there doing nothing.

Materials: (Already Had Laying Around)
- Stock Paper $12.99 from Winners
- Tracing Pad Paper $8 from Walmart
- Border Hole-Punch $25 from Michaels
- Letter-sized Envelopes $1 from Dollarama
- Staples and Stapler



Materials: (Purchased for This DIY Project)
- Blue Ribbon $2.50 from Walmart

I had trolled Pinterest for ideas of baby shower invitations and settled on the rectangle letter-size invites... which seems to be the trend for this year for weddings and events. The wording i had used were quite simple and to the point, the mother’s name, the baby’s gender, when and where, and the registry number.

I cut 10 pieces of tracing paper to 8x11 to be able to fit in the printer, (which my sister printed out for me) then to cut it to 9x4, which made 2 pieces. I had also cut the scrapbook stock paper to 9x4, which made 3 pieces. Everything fits!


Next i wanted to make the invitation have a little pretty feel to it so i bordered one side of the already cut tracing paper to have a peek-a-boo effect with the scrapbook stock paper (used a background). Then I stapled (YES, stapled!) a blue ribbon of 20cm together with the tracing paper and background paper, and made the ribbon into a cute little bow in the corner... and then i’m finished! I just had to make the next 14 invitations. Hahahaha.


Mommy-to-be LOVED it when i emailed her a photo of the finished project. I loved the fact that all the invitations were the same minus the background paper which was an assorted scrapbook stock paper but all blues and greens.

Now I just have to give them out. :-)

I had also made the baby shower favours with the same blue ribbon used for the invitations. That was another $2.50, plus the spice jar from Dollarama was $1.25 a pair and everything else i had laying around. All and all, they cost under $15 to make for 15 guests. Not bad eh.